|President:||Carolyn Hasaan, MSN, RN, CWCN|
|President Elect:||Carol Oliver, BSN, RN, CWOCN|
|Secretary:||Karen Scarborough, RN, CWON|
|Treasurer:||Connie Landon, BSN, RN, CWOCN|
|Program Coordinator:||Vilma D’Mello-Fernandes, MSN, RN, CWOCN|
|Program Coordinator:||Heather Hedges, BSN, RN, CWOCN|
|Public Policy:||Linda Droste, MSN, RN, CWOCN|
To Contact Us: please use our contact form
Dates / Locations for Meetings
We meet on the 2nd Tuesday in January, February, March, April, May, September, October and November. Time: 5:30-8:30 PM. Location: TBA @ local restaurant for dinner, education, business.
- Each meeting sponsored by industry including a presentation from the company
- Each meeting journal club from a peer reviewed journal manuscript presented by a member.
- Each meeting includes a business meeting portion
Highlights of the 1/8/2019 meeting:
- Welcome to new members of the CV Affiliate: Elisa Winn, Manager of the Wound Team at VCU
- VAMC Spinal Cord Unit has developed an emergency evacuation App for spinal cord patients
- Plans continue for the 4th annual CV Affiliate community education program on March 14, 2019. The focus of this year’s conference will be continence.
- VCU will host the 2019 Stepping Stones to Excellence in Wound Care Conference on Friday 3/29/19 at the Richmond Marriott. The registration link is: https://tinyurl.com/wound2019
Central Virginia Affiliate of the WOCN will be hosting an educational program: “Improving Lives: Promoting Continence and Overcoming Challenges of Incontinence Care” on March 14, 2019 from 5-8:30pm. Admission is free. For more information and to register, please email: Communications@marwocn.org
Information: An App to help patients/residents for Pressure Ulcer (Injury) Prevention
As a result of the work of a task force on a national Veterans Administration initiative, there is a new mobile App available for pressure ulcer/pressure injury prevention for veterans and their caregivers. However ANYONE, not just Veterans can access this wonderful tool.
With the app you will be able to:
- Access resources for pressure ulcer/pressure injury prevention
- Set reminders to reposition, eat, take medications
- Use tools for nutrition, exercise, and medication management
- Access caregiver support resources
- Create journal entries to track pressure ulcers/injuries
- Learn more about pressure ulcers/injuries
- Create a list of questions to ask your healthcare provider
- Get immediate help and locate a nearby VA or other medical facility
For more information click here to view/download the PDF file.