|President:||Carolyn Hasaan, MSN, RN, CWCN|
|President Elect:||Carol Oliver, BSN, RN, CWOCN|
|Secretary:||Karen Scarborough, RN, CWON|
|Treasurer:||Connie Landon, BSN, RN, CWOCN|
|Program Coordinator:||Vilma D’Mello-Fernandes, MSN, RN, CWOCN|
|Program Coordinator:||Heather Hedges, BSN, RN, CWOCN|
|Public Policy:||Linda Droste, MSN, RN, CWOCN|
To Contact Us: please use our contact form
Dates / Locations for Meetings
We meet on the 2nd Tuesday in January, February, March, April, May, September, October and November. Time: 5:30-8:30 PM. Location: TBA @ local restaurant for dinner, education, business.
- Each meeting sponsored by industry including a presentation from the company
- Each meeting journal club from a peer reviewed journal manuscript presented by a member.
- Each meeting includes a business meeting portion
Highlights of the 1/8/2019 meeting:
- Welcome to new members of the CV Affiliate: Elisa Winn, Manager of the Wound Team at VCU
- VAMC Spinal Cord Unit has developed an emergency evacuation App for spinal cord patients
- Plans continue for the 4th annual CV Affiliate community education program on March 14, 2019. The focus of this year’s conference will be continence.
- VCU will host the 2019 Stepping Stones to Excellence in Wound Care Conference on Friday 3/29/19 at the Richmond Marriott. The registration link is: https://tinyurl.com/wound2019
Information: An App to help patients/residents for Pressure Ulcer (Injury) Prevention
As a result of the work of a task force on a national Veterans Administration initiative, there is a new mobile App available for pressure ulcer/pressure injury prevention for veterans and their caregivers. However ANYONE, not just Veterans can access this wonderful tool.
With the app you will be able to:
- Access resources for pressure ulcer/pressure injury prevention
- Set reminders to reposition, eat, take medications
- Use tools for nutrition, exercise, and medication management
- Access caregiver support resources
- Create journal entries to track pressure ulcers/injuries
- Learn more about pressure ulcers/injuries
- Create a list of questions to ask your healthcare provider
- Get immediate help and locate a nearby VA or other medical facility
For more information click here to view/download the PDF file.
On March 14th 2019 the Central Virginia affiliate sponsored their 4th annual community education program for nursing and allied healthcare specialties. This years’s program focus was continence. The program, “Improving Lives: Promoting Continence and Overcoming the Challenges of Incontinence had 56 attendees. Linda Droste presented “Treatment and Management of Urinary Incontinence” and Heather Hedges presented “IAD: A Real Pain in the Butt”.
Nine of our industry partners supported the program by exhibiting their products and educating the participants.
The committee, chaired by Joanne Biddix, included Linda Droste, Carolyn Hasaan, Connie Landon, Vilma D’Mello-Fernandes and Michelle Watkins.
Pictures from the evening (click on picture for a larger view)