|President:||Carolyn Hasaan, MSN, RN, CWCN|
|President Elect:||Carol Oliver|
|Program Coordinator:||Vilma D’Mello-Fernandes|
|Program Coordinator:||Heather Hedges|
|Public Policy:||Linda Droste|
To Contact Us: please use our contact form
Dates / Locations for Meetings
We meet on the 2nd Tuesday in January, February, March, April, May, September, October and November. Time: 5:30-8:30 PM. Location: TBA @ local restaurant for dinner, education, business.
- Each meeting sponsored by industry including a presentation from the company
- Each meeting journal club from a peer reviewed journal manuscript presented by a member.
- Each meeting includes a business meeting portion
Congratulations to Linda Droste, MSN, RN, CWOCN who has been selected to be on the editorial board for the Ostomy Wound Management journal.
Sue Creehan is a co-author of:
"Extrapolation of evidence-related to dressings for pressure ulcer prevention may compromise patient safety"
This paper, written by an international group of experts in the bioengineering and clinical aspects of the design, use and evaluation of dressings for pressure ulcer prevention, addresses a central question, commonly faced by the medical device industry, clinicians and patients. read the article
PJ Miller has recertified for wound, ostomy and continence.
March 22, 2018 - Community Education Program: Click here to see pictures from the event
February 13, 2018 meeting: Guest speaker, Jamie Pugh, from the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation. A presentation was given on resources for clinicians and patients.
Member News, Publications, Awards:
- Congratulations to Linda Droste, MSN, RN, CWOCN who has been selected to be on the editorial board for the Ostomy Wound Management journal.
- Congratulations to Sue Justice and Adrienne Daniel for their wound recertification!
- Congratulations to Heather Hedges from the VAMC, recipient of "Future is Bright" Award, sponsored by the WOCN® Society!! This award recognizes a new WOC nurse, within his or her first five years of practice, who exemplifies the scope of the WOC nursing as defined in the WOC Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice, 2nd Edition. Heather will receive compensation to offset expenses to attend the Society's 50th Annual Conference in Philadelphia, PA, from June 3-6, and will be presented with the award during the opening session awards ceremony.
- Congratulations to Dave Clem for passing his wound and ostomy certification through WOCN-CB
- Linda Droste, MSN, RN, CWOCN from the Richmond VAMC spinal cord unit has been very busy! She has authored Chapter 2 in Clinical Applications of Urologic Catheters, Devices and Products and is representing the WOCN on the NPUAP Recidivism task force; She is also a WOCN task force member for LEVD Guidelines and a WOCNCB task force member of Job Task Analysis Task Force. Linda is also a member of the National VAMC public policy committee.
Gail Erickson BSN, RN, CWOCN who works for
Mary Washington Hospital in Fredericksburg, VA
is a 2018-2019 WOCNCB Board Member.
Information: An App to help patients/residents for Pressure Ulcer (Injury) Prevention
As a result of the work of a task force on a national Veterans Administration initiative, there is a new mobile App available for pressure ulcer/pressure injury prevention for veterans and their caregivers. However ANYONE, not just Veterans can access this wonderful tool.
With the app you will be able to:
- Access resources for pressure ulcer/pressure injury prevention
- Set reminders to reposition, eat, take medications
- Use tools for nutrition, exercise, and medication management
- Access caregiver support resources
- Create journal entries to track pressure ulcers/injuries
- Learn more about pressure ulcers/injuries
- Create a list of questions to ask your healthcare provider
- Get immediate help and locate a nearby VA or other medical facility
For more information click here to view/download the PDF file.