Current Board and Officers
|President:||Corrine Alvey, BSN, RN, CWOCN|
|President-Elect:||Ferne Elsass, MSN, RN, CPN, CWON|
|Secretary:||Virginia Benko, BSN, RN, CWON|
|Treasurer:||Eva Sauls, BA, RN, CWOCN|
|Member at Large:
|Karen Houchins, BSN, RN, CWCN|
|Public Policy:||Ferne Elsass, MSN, RN, CPN, CWON|
|Outgoing President||Kathy Merkh, MS, RN, CWON|
To Contact Us: please use our contact form
Dates / Locations for Meetings
We are a small but active group. We meet the 2nd Tuesday every month except June and October; either a luncheon or a dinner meeting. Locations vary.
Congratulations to Sheryl Bailey, BSN, RN, CWOCN, CFCN Hampton Roads WOC Nurse of the Year. Both Sheryl and Ferne Elsass have been nominated for Mid-Atlantic WOC Nurse of the Year.
- Congratulations to Holly Leonidoff for recertification for wound and ostomy.
- Margarita Simón, MS, FNP-BC, CWCN, DAPWCA recertified for wound care via the PGP
- Jamie Clements has recertified for wound, ostomy and continence
- Congratulations to Deanna Yeatts, newly certified in both Wound and Ostomy!
- Kathy Merkh is retiring April 27, 2018 from 43 years of full time nursing, and 38 years of that with Sentara Healthcare. We are all sad to see her leave the area of patient care, but we are excited to see her begin her next adventure.
- Kathy Merkh re-certified in Sept 2017 by PGP, in Wound and Ostomy.
- Ferne Elsass, 2017 Hampton Roads WOC Nurse of the Year, will be presenting two posters at both the upcoming National WOCN conference in Philadelphia, PA and SAWC in Charlotte, NC: The Safe Use of Pure Hypochlorous Acid as a Cleanser of Skin and Wounds on the Premature Infant and PICU in Motion: Constructing an Evidence Based Protocol for Early Mobility in a Pediatric Intensive Care Unit. She will be presenting in Roanoke, VA at the Star City Wound Care Conference for the Carilion Clinic on Pediatric Wound Care in October 2018.