univeristy of maryland upper chesapeake health
Manages, supervises and coordinates all activities within the Wound Center. Responsibilities include program development, leadership and supervision of staff. In conjunction with physician medical directors develops and implements services to meet patient, community and medical staff needs. Oversees continuum of wound care services in the inpatient and outpatient settings. Develops and oversees the capital and operating budgets as well as assessment of staffing needs to provide cost effective services that meets UM UCH operational and financial goals.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Education & Training:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing is required. Master’s Degree in Nursing, Health Administration, or Business Administration preferred.
- Certified Wound Care Nurse (CWCN) certification required.
Work Orientation & Experience:
- Minimum of two (2) years’ leadership experience with responsibility for overall departmental performance.
- At least three (3) year s’ previous wound care experience is also required. Working knowledge of CQI/PI principles and JCAHO standards compliance.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to (a) handle multiple priorities, (b) work independently and take initiative in achieving expected results, (c) plan, implement and evaluate programs. Demonstrated skills in: (a) verbal and written presentations, (b) making effective decisions, (c) problem-solving, (d) crises management, (e) organizing work, setting priorities, meeting deadlines, (f) attention to detail and follow-through, (g) policy development and (h) effective negotiation. Computer skills utilizing Microsoft WORD, Excel, Internet and ability to become proficient with UM UCH’s Electronic Medical Record, E-mail and Wound Care software programs.
For more information and to apply: