I just wanted to reach out to provide and update on events in the Mid-Atlantic Region.
- I am excited that we had two dynamic nominations for Nurse of the Year. We will be announcing the winner at the Mid-Atlantic Regional Conference this October.
- We did have an applicant for our scholarship so that is closed for this year.
- We had one person apply to run for Treasurer, Judy Stasuk, so being unopposed she will be our new Treasurer for the Region. Induction will occur at our conference
- We still have the President Elect Position and Director Marketing/Fundraiser open. If you have an interest, please let me know as I can still appoint individuals to these positions.
I am looking forward to seeing you all at our Regional Conference in Hunt Valley, October 10 - 12, 2019. Please go to the MAR Conference Page to review the details.
As always, do not hesitate to reach out to me on any topics related to our Region
Joan Sullivan, MSN, MAS, RN, CWON
President of MAR
Walk to support the ALS Association
Often referred to as Lou Gehrig's Disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) is a progressive, fatal neuromuscular disease that slowly robs the body of its ability to walk, speak, swallow and breathe. The life expectancy of an ALS patient averages 2 to 5 years from the time of diagnosis. (ALS Association, 2019)
On October 26, 2019, Jerry Creehan will host his virtual walk to support the ALS Association. Please join his virtual walk or by donating to this cause to help support his goal $7500
Please click on the link below to donate with team “The Creehan Cru” http://web.alsa.org/goto/creehan_cru . If you go down to the team members and click on Jerry’s name and add your donation that would help Jerry reach his goal.
Thanks in advance for your support.
Thank you for attending our
2019 Annual Conference
October 11 & 12, 2019
Hunt Valley, MD
Updates from the conference will be posted soon.
- Central Virginia update posted October 10th
- Blue Ridge update posted October 6th
Collecting supplies for animal rescues
Youth Rally Thank You letter - posted September 24, 2019
- Hampton Roads update posted September 14, 2019
Check the Jobs page for current listings.
VCU Health, Richmond, VA
Public Policy Update
Read the Public Policy page
updated by Bernie Rock - October 2019