Thank you to all our members, exhibitors and supporters!
We are ever grateful for all you do to help make our region a success.
Wishing you all a Safe and Blessed Happy Thanksgiving Holiday.
Updated November 10, 2021
I hope everyone is well and planning some self-care activities with the annual holiday season right around the corner. I am still feeling energized from the fantastic Regional Conference we just had. The Hampton Roads Affiliate and their great Conference Planning team, Conference/ Continuing Education Chair(Linda Arundel), & Conference Planner knocked it out of the park with our region’s first ever Virtual Regional Conference on October 22 & 23, 2021. The speakers were amazing, and their lectures were timely and provided great information that can be applied in one’s practice immediately. If you were not able to sign up for the live sessions, don’t hesitate to register now as the lectures will be available for you to complete and apply for the CEU’s upon completion up to December 31, 2021. There is also a virtual exhibit hall that you can go in and review the information on the products of the vendors who supported our conference. I was one of the judges for the Posters that were submitted, and I must tell you that they all were at such a high-quality level that selecting just three winners was exceptionally difficult. The winners were:
- 1st Place – CJ Crane and Gail Steckler – The use of Hyperbaric Medicine for Pyoderma Gangrenosum in a patient with Crohn’s: A Case Study
- 2nd Place – Benjamin Price – Negative Pressure Wound Therapy for Pyoderma Gangrenosum
- 3rd Place – Ferne Elsass – Non-pouching techniques in the Neonate Intensive Care Unit.
I highly recommend that you review all the posters. They are all winners in my estimation.
I do have some exciting news regarding progress in filling some of the leadership opportunities that we have in the Region. These following position changes will occur in January 2022.
- President-Elect – Ferne Elsass (from Hampton Roads Affiliate)
- Secretary – C.J. Crane (from Hampton Roads Affiliate)
- Treasurer – Tonnie Warfield (from Baltimore Affiliate)
- Member-at-Large Marketing/Development
- Social Media Committee Chair - Director at Large
Well, as one conference is completed, the planning of the next one begins. The conference in ’22 with be hosted by the DC Affiliate and their President (Margaret Hiler) and our Conference/ Continuing Education Chair (Linda Arundel) have already scoped out the site and a contract has been signed. So, fingers crossed we are planning an in-person conference in the Dulles area September 15 & 16, 2022. More details will be coming, so watch the Conference Page.
Stay safe and I hope you get to spend some time with your families and friends during the holiday season.
Joan Sullivan, MSN, MAS, RN, CWON/ President of MAR
Medstar Southern Maryland Hospital Center has several openings
Public Policy Update
Click on the Region Name for more information
- Baltimore posted 7/11/2021
- Washington DC posted 5/23/2021 Memorial Education Webinar Series
- Hampton Roads posted listing of area Ostomy Clinics 4/9/2020
- Central Virginia updates posted March 14, 2020
- Eastern Shore updates posted Jan. 2020
- Blue Ridge updates posted Jan. 2020
- Western MD