Updated March 9, 2021
Hello all, I hope everyone is doing fine and has had the opportunity to get your Covid vaccination or at least has an appointment to get one. I fully intended to update my message to you all sooner, but February got away from me. So here we are heading into Spring on Sunday, March 14, 2021.
- I would like to request that all affiliates submit a picture to our webmaster of your current officers and their names. I would also love for the affiliates to submit any pictures from any new activities you have been able to have. Please share any activities that you may have planned. I know it has been especially difficult for individuals working on their renewal portfolios to find programs to go to for the necessary recertification points.
- The National WOCN Society Election voting is open on https://www.wocn.org/election/ and will close on Monday, March 15, 2021. Please take time to submit your vote.
- Don’t forget to celebrate your specialty with WOC Nurse Week which is April 11 – 17, 2021 this year. I would love to be able to enter pictures on our website from your various celebrations.
- The National WOC Society National Conference will be virtual again this year from Thursday, June 24 – Saturday, June 26 , 2021. Please go to the National website to read up on the offerings and see how to register.
- The MAR conference planning committee has decided we would not be able to successfully hold an in- person conference this year with all the Covid restrictions that are in place. So, we are working on our first virtual conference for our region. The dates with be Friday, October 22 to Saturday, October 23, 2021. The Hampton Roads Affiliate has accepted the challenge of creating this first virtual conference and is working on some exciting presentations. Of course, we will always have a Nightmares session. So, start thinking about any cases you would like to share. Watch our MAR website for updates on our conference.
- I know everyone has been challenged with keeping their heads above water managing all the very sick and complicated patients that Covid has dealt us. Perhaps you are ready to add some new professional goals in your life. We have many leadership opportunities in the Region, and we could use new voices with innovative and creative ideas to keep the momentum in our region. We have the following opportunities to fill this year.
- President- elect
- Member-at- large Communications Director
- Member-at-large Marketing/Development
- Social Media Committee Chair- director at large
- Secretary Please contact me if you have questions/interest in these opportunities.
Thank you for all the wonderful work you all do,
Joan Sullivan, MSN, MAS, RN, CWON/ MAR President
During Wound, Ostomy, and Continence (WOC) Nurse Week 2021, April 11-17, the Wound, Ostomy, and Continence Nurses Society™ (WOCN®) is empowering WOC nurses to shine bright, reflect on, and celebrate the impact they make in the lives of those that surround them each and every day.
As educators, researchers, leaders, experts and caregivers, each WOC nurse has an opportunity to let their unique set of skills shine through and provide a beacon of hope to individuals who suffer from non-healing wounds, ostomies, and urinary and fecal incontinenc. read more at www.wocn.org
MAR 2021 Virtual Conference
Friday, October 22 to Saturday, October 23, 2021
Details will be posted when information is available
WOC Nurse at University of Maryland Medical Center
UMM Upper Chesepeak Health - Bel Air, MD
Public Policy Update
Read the Public Policy page
updated by Bernie Rock - October 2019
- Baltimore posted 3/29/21 Zoom meeting March 30, 2021!
- Hampton Roads posted listing of area Ostomy Clinics 4/9/2020
- Central Virginia updates posted March 14, 2020
Stepping Stones to Excellence in Wound Care is POSTPONED
- Eastern Shore updates posted Jan. 2020
- Blue Ridge updates posted Jan. 2020
- Western MD
- Washington DC