Updated June 1, 2021
I hope everyone had an enjoyable Memorial Day Weekend. We are moving quickly towards the summer season. Hopefully you are starting to see your numbers in Covid-19 patients going down and restrictions are started to be lifted and some semblance of normal life returning.
With that being said, the next exciting educational opportunity on the horizon is the annual National WOCN Society conference which will still be virtual starting on Thursday, June 24th and running till Saturday, June 26th. The registration fee is $199.00. I hope you will have the opportunity to attend. There are many great offerings in this conference. Please if you are presenting a poster at National, don’t forget we would love you to share it with us at our regional conference.
The conference planning committee along with the Hampton Roads Affiliate have been working diligently in planning our exciting virtual conference starting on Friday, October 22 and ending on Saturday, October 23rd. We have been able to arrange for some very dynamic speakers in a very creative on-line platform. Don’t forget we are looking for your challenges to share in our Nightmares session. I have been advertising the logo for our conference on several social media platforms. If you did not recognize her that is our wonderful regional secretary, Ferne Elsass. As soon as we have the final details firmed up, I will be posting them on this site and various social media sites as well as an e-mail blast.
Please think of how you would like to support the professional activities in our Region by considering one of the leadership opportunities that we have:
- President- elect
- Member-at- large Communications Director
- Member-at-large Marketing/Development
- Social Media Committee Chair- director at large
- Secretary Start thinking of who you would like to nominate from your affiliate for Nurse of the Year. We have so many talented nurses in our specialty and we really should be celebrating them.
Lastly, we have scholarship dollars that no-one has applied for this year. The application form is on our website and if you have questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to me.
Thank you for all the wonderful work you all do,
Joan Sullivan, MSN, MAS, RN, CWON/ MAR President
MEMORIAL EDUCATION WEBINAR SERIES
Join us for virual webinars of Wound and Ostomy Registration, presented by the DC Affiliate
- Pressure Injuries: Wednesday June 9th 7-8 pm ET
- Ostomy: Wednesday June 23rd 7-8 pm ET
MAR 2021 Virtual Conference
Friday, October 22 to Saturday, October 23, 2021
Details will be posted when information is available
Medstar Southern Maryland Hospital Center has several openings
Public Policy Update
Click on the Region Name for more information
- Baltimore posted 5/24/21
- Washington DC posted 5/23/2021 Memorial Education Webinar Series
- Hampton Roads posted listing of area Ostomy Clinics 4/9/2020
- Central Virginia updates posted March 14, 2020
- Eastern Shore updates posted Jan. 2020
- Blue Ridge updates posted Jan. 2020
- Western MD